On the eve of my 19th birthday, I sit down by the window looking back at all these year of futile running around for the search of worthless, invaluable thing which won’t give me redemption or help in my path of salvation, and I sigh.
Kidding. I am jumping around, cuz it’s my b’day, yo bitches!!!!!!!
And I’m gonna be 19!! Which actually doesn’t sound as interesting as being 18, but meh! ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!!
So, yeah, I’m excited, I guess that’s apparent. And since it’s my last day of being 18, here’s few of the memories that I will carry on of being 18.
- Bobbed and cropped my hair.
- Had a sleepover with a couple. It was alright till the lights went off, but then… Awkward!
- Tried weed. Did not get high.
- At 18, I got my first job that pays a monthly salary. Also, it was the first time I realised what it is like to have a job you don’t want to do, but hanging on just for the money. Basically what every IT guy goes through after college.
- Puked on a friend after a night of drinking in his house. But its cool he was dating the guy I had a crush on.
- Started writing a blog. And shamelessly going “Hello random person, you should totally read my blog. No I’m not stalking you. Peace brah!”
- Made my very first garment. Click here if you’d like to check it out.
- Went to a nightclub. The loud music, crowded dance-floors and cute guys who don’t look at me is not my thing, surprisingly.
- Read up on The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo, The Lost Symbol, May I Hebb Your Attention Pliss, abriged translated version of The Bhagvad Gita, A Suitable Boy,The Calcutta Chromosome, The Catcher in the Rye, and half of Like a Flowing River. The year of 18th will henceforth be known as “The year I read less than when I was 13”.
Sigh! I should’ve involved myself in more shenanigans. Well, there’s always another year.